What is it?
The LIFT card is a low-income ORCA card that provides users with a reduced fare for Metro Transit, King County Water Taxi, Kitsap Transit, Seattle Streetcar and Sound Transit Link light rail. For a full overview of ORCA LIFT, please visit the Metro website.
To learn more about ORCA LIFT, or to verify hours of operation, please contact Lead Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator at 206-445-5392.
Do I qualify?
To qualify for the reduced fare program, a person’s household income must be no more than 200 percent of the federal poverty level as established by the U.S. Health and Human Services Department. The Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2016 are shown below.
How do I sign up?
Sign up through Catholic Community Services at the following locations, or visit King County Metro for more enrollment sites:
Mondays* and Wednesdays
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Randolph Carter Center
100 23rd Ave S
Seattle WA, 98144
*Noon to 5pm on the second Monday of the month.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
North Seattle Community College
Opportunity Center for Employment
9600 College Way North
What to bring:
Proof of Income
- ProviderOne medical services card
- EBT (electronic benefits transfer) Card
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) eligibility or a copy of your award letter.
- Employment Security paystub or letter for applicants receiving unemployment benefits.
- Award letters for SSI, Social Security, or Railroad Retirement recipients.
- L & I statement for workers’ compensation recipients.
- Employed (with a paycheck): Paystubs for the last 30 days.
- Employed (paid in cash): Letter from the employer signed and dated with gross income for the client for the last 30 days; or a bank statement if you deposit your pay into a bank account.
- Self-employed: Copy of your most recent tax return. Income is based on the modified adjusted gross income on your most recent tax return: Form 1040 line 37; Form 1040 A, line 21; Form 1040 EZ, line 4; or completion of the self-employment worksheet.
- If you have no income: Employment Security verification form.
Proof of Identity
1. Government-issued photo ID:
- Driver’s license (any state or country)
- Photo ID card from any state, province, county or country
- Armed Services ID with photo
- ID card from any foreign consulate
- Passport from any country
- School photo ID — university, college, high school
- Tribal ID
- US certificate of citizenship, naturalization (signature, photo)
- Any other form of photo ID issued by a government agency of any country
– OR –
2. A combination of two or more documents:
- Non-government-issued document with name and a photo of you as an adult, and
- A document that indicates your name and birthdate, such as:
- Adoption papers
- Baptismal records
- Birth certificate
- Border crossing card
- Court order
- DHS “Trusted Traveler” cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- Driver’s instruction permit
- DSHS identification letter for those in custodianship
- Employee ID card
- Immigration ID
- Marriage license
- School records / transcript (certified)
- Social Security card
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Unemployment card
To learn more about Orca LIFT, or to verify hours of operation, please contact the Lead Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator at 206-445-5392.
Provided by Catholic Community Services