Important Information about Matt Talbot Center services in response to COVID-19:
The Matt Talbot Center program is still operating with no reduction in scheduled staff hours. Many of our staff are working remotely some days of the week to make efforts to follow social distancing guidelines. Our clinical staff are utilizing available resources for telehealth services, so new intake appointments and individual sessions are likely to occur over the phone or by video conference. Staff will be asking individuals seeking or in services for presence of COVID-like symptoms and making efforts to connect individuals to medical care. We are offering scheduled assessment times when individuals call our main office number (206.256.9865). We are committed to our role as essential staff and are making all best efforts to be present while protecting the health and safety of all individuals currently in our services and those in the community who are in need of support.
Established in 1985, the Matt Talbot Center (MTC) is a recovery program and treatment center for people living with substance use disorders, homelessness, and mental illness. Located in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood, the Matt Talbot Center offers hope, services and support to individuals ready to commit to their recovery with an intensive clinical outpatient treatment program offered in a Christian context. Supervised by a Certified Substance Use Disorder Professional (SUDP), this recovery and relapse prevention program addresses the physiology, psychology, and sociology of addiction. The program’s primary goal’s are to restore participants to healthy lives, and to encourage them to take responsibility for their actions and family obligations. MTC treats “members” holistically, recognizing that each of them has individual needs for physical, mental and spiritual healing.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Life Skills Classes ( Moral Decision Making, Family & Relationship, Employment, Stress Management, Anger Management/Conflict Resolution, Financial Management, Goal Setting)
- Relapse Prevention Classes (Pharmacology of Addiction, Physiology of Addiction)
- Women’s Specific Program
- Crisis Intervention and Referral Services
- Journaling Classes
- Shelter Housing with Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Urine Analysis
- Sunday Breakfast & Fellowship Program
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners and Gift Programs
- Clothing and Personal Items
- Wilderness Initiatives (Hiking and Mountain Climbing, Cultural, Recreational and Educational Outings)
- Daily Prayer and Scripture Study