Catholic Community Services – Infant Layette Program Needs Your Help!
Every month, CCS distributes up to 40 layette gift bags to families in need in Snohomish County who have just had a new born baby. The layette consists of many baby items to help the family care for their newborn child, including diapers size one, onesies, T-shirts, diaper wipes, booties, sleepers, washcloths, blankets, bottles, pacifiers, rattles, toys and more. To a family with little or no money, this makes a huge difference for their new little one.
The families served by the Infant Layette Program are referred by public health nurses, health districts, DSHS, churches, and treatment facilities. Providence Midwifery Center at Everett Women’s Pavilion-Providence Hospital is one of our big referral sources. This program assists families in our community with the fundamentals for taking care of a new baby. We are told by those that refer to this program that we are one of very few agencies in our community doing this important work for new babies!
This program is not grant funded, and it depends on donations. For the past 20 years, churches, community groups, and individual community members have been the reason that so many families have been helped. We have been truly blessed by the support. We are reaching out because we know so many of you love to support a program that helps newborn babies. We are only able to fill layette orders as long as we have the items.
Right now the Infant Layette Program is almost out of all supplies! If you can help, we accept donations of money and/or new and/or gently used baby items. If you are inclined to help, we could use any of the following items:
- Package of diapers SIZE 1 or 2 (diapers size 1 are most needed)
- Package of diaper wipes (most needed)
- Onesie T-shirts (multiple sizes – 2 of each size S, M, L)
- Play and Sleep outfits (multiple sizes – 1-2 of each size S, M, L) (most needed)
- Socks and/or tights (multiple sizes and colors)
- Booties and/or shoes (as inventory warrants)
- Going Visiting Outfits (multiple sizes – 1-2 of each size S, M, L)
- Sleepers (multiple sizes – 1 of each size S, M, L)
- Hat (cotton/summer type)
- Washcloth or Hooded towel
- Receiving Blankets
- Baby jacket or sweaters
- Crib Blanket and Sheets
- Children’s Books
- Bottles, pacifiers
- Rattle and safe infant toys
- Baby shampoo
- Diaper Bags
If you are able to donate funds and/or to donate items for the Infant Layette Program, please call Annette Rice, CCS Administrative Assistant, at 425-374-6318.