Looking for Shelter?
Intake Location for the ARISE program:
CCS-Kent Family Center
1229 W Smith St, Kent WA 98032
Monday – Friday 1-2pm
Call (253) 854-0077 x5104
Questions contact SKC Shelter Services Catholic Community Services at (253) 854-0077
- Each person is screened for a history of violent or predatory behavior to ensure a safe environment at the shelter
- Overnight supervision at the host facility
- Case management support, tailored to each individual’s needs and strengths, is offered to assist in obtaining employment, housing, education, counseling, health care for medical and mental health needs
- Housing options explored for each client with the goal of stable housing
- Contact with Veterans Services
- Referrals to community resources such as Department of Social and Health Services and Social Security Administration
- Employment Assistance: job counseling, placement and referrals
- Drug and Alcohol recovery support: education and counseling groups
- Referrals to individual counseling
A dedicated CCS case manager works with each individual enrolled in the ARISE program. Shelter residents meet with the case manager to complete a needs assessment and develop individualized action plans. Based on the individual’s need, men are connected to community resources such as housing, education, employment, medical and mental health services, veteran’s services, chemical dependency and life skills services, such as basic budgeting and coping.
With healing and growth, an individual is better prepared to hold steady employment, successfully maintain housing and restore healthy relationships. In order to achieve this level of stability, connecting to positive community supports is encouraged. Family, community, faith-based programs, mentorships, peer groups and cultural communities all serve as support systems for these men.
ARISE is financially supported by area churches, local municipalities, foundations, United Way and numerous individuals. To make a tax-deductible contribution, click the donate button above and designate your donation to support ARISE. Or mail your checks to:
Catholic Community Services
Attn: Fund Development
100 23rd Ave. S
Seattle, WA 98144
ARISE’s ongoing needs include:
|Shaving cream||Disposable razors|
|Deodorant||Shoes–size 11 and up|
|Screwdrivers||Transistor radios and ear plugs|
|Nail clippers||Sleeping bags or blankets|
|Clean pillows||Tool kits: allen wrench, pliers, and patches to fix bike flat tires|
|Batteries – AA and D|
Please drop off all donations at the Human Services office located at Renton City Hall, 1055 S Grady Way, 6th floor. Thank you.
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to A.R.I.S.E. by clicking HERE. You can search for us by name or by our non-profit number, 93302. Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping A.R.I.S.E. earn a donation!
You can help A.R.I.S.E. earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!