The HOME program is a year-round overnight shelter for single adult men ages 18 and older. The HOME shelter directly address the issues of homelessness in South King County by providing a safe place for homeless men to sleep and receive a hot meal, as well as giving them the opportunity to stabilize and work on self-sufficiency through case management. Men who stay at the shelter are provided with case management services which focus on addressing employment goals, mental health and CD issues, Veterans’ services, securing permanent affordable housing and health care for each individual.
The HOME shelter has been in operation in South King County for more than 20 years.
The program has relied on the partnership and support from area churches, the city of Kent, King County, United Way of King County, and 1,440 volunteers from organizations throughout South King County. The shelter rotates monthly among local churches, and is supported by more than 15 local churches and organizations. The volunteer support keeps men connected to the community and spreads awareness of homelessness throughout the community.
Intake Location for the HOME program:
CCS-Kent Family Center
1229 W Smith St, Kent WA 98032
Monday – Friday 1-2pm
By Appointment: Call (253) 854-0077 x5104
Intake Information: Questions contact SKC Shelter Services Catholic Community Services at (253) 854-0077.
- Each person is screened for a history of violent or predatory behavior to ensure a safe environment at the shelter
- Overnight supervision at the host facility
- Case management support, tailored to each individual’s needs and strengths, is offered to assist in obtaining employment, housing, education, counseling, health care for medical and mental health needs
- Housing options explored for each client with the goal of stable housing
- Contact with Veterans Services
- Referrals to community resources such as Department of Social and Health Services and Social Security Administration
- Employment Assistance: job counseling, placement and referrals
- Drug and Alcohol recovery support: education and counseling groups
- Referrals to individual counseling
Wish List for donations:
- New underwear and socks – please, no other clothing donations!
- Full size containers of Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Wash Cloths
- Laundry Detergent
- Coffee mugs
- Peanut Butter
- Lunch Meat
The Catholic Community Services office at 1229 W. Smith, Kent, WA 98025 serves as the collection point for HOME donations.