The Kitsap County Housing and Essential Needs Program is a program operated by Catholic Community Services. Our office number is (360) 373-0638 and our office is open Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm.


What is the HEN/PILOT program?

The HEN program of Kitsap County offers qualifying residents services such as rental assistance, security deposits, move in costs, bus vouchers, and monthly essential needs (toilet paper, shampoo, hygiene items, etc.). In conjunction to these services, we also offer case management to help people gain and/or maintain stable housing.

The PILOT program is a separate pool of funding set aside for those who are currently receiving SSI/SSDI. To qualify for the PILOT program, you will need to be receiving social security benefits (SSI/SSDI) and make below 30% of the Area Medium Income. The benefits are primarily the same as the HEN program, but clients are responsible for paying 30% of their income towards their rent, and will have a one year term on the program. The goal of the PILOT program is to help residents get on their feet and be able to independently maintain stable housing by the end of their one year term.

How do I apply?


If you are interested in applying for the HEN program, please call DSHS at 1-(800) 501-2233 and ask for a referral to the HEN program. Please note that you will need to qualify for the ABD(Aged, Blind or Disabled) program to qualify. DSHS will walk you through the qualification process and send you a referral letter in the mail if they deem that you qualify. Once you have your referral letter, please call our office at (360) 373-0638 to schedule an intake.


If you are interested in applying for the PILOT program, are currently receiving social security income, and make below 30% of the Area Medium Income for Kitsap County. Please call our office at (360) 373-0638 to see if you qualify. Please be prepared to answer a few questions and be aware that you will be required to bring a copy of your Social Security Award Letter, your State Identification Card, and a copy of your lease if you are currently housed.