Sacred Heart Shelter provides safe, comfortable shelter to families experiencing the crisis of homelessness. We welcome families with minor children (18 years or younger), including families with male heads of household or other guardians who staying someplace not intended for human habitation.
MISSION: Sacred Heart Shelter empowers families to stabilize and normalize through on-site case management, connections to resources and by providing a safe, home-like refuge for the entire family. We strive to ensure families exit homelessness permanently.
MAKE A MEAL:
If you want to provide food for our shelter, please contact Volunteer & Resources Coordinator Julie Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are looking for a way to support families who are experiencing homelessness and enduring COVID-19 here are some options:
- Purchase gift cards in small amounts ($20 or less) to reward kids for good behavior and guests who take on additional cleaning/sanitizing responsibilities (Safeway, Starbucks, McDonalds, Dick’s, Amazon etc),
- Buy items from Amazon Wish List
- Contribute immediately online.
- Mail checks, cash or gift cards directly to:
Catholic Community Services
Attention: Sacred Heart Shelter
100 23rd Avenue
Seattle, WA 98144
- Sponsor an improvement like yardwork projects for flowers and gardens, playground equipment for our kids, building maintenance supplies such as paint, plumbing needs, facility-grade furniture etc. For more information contact:
Program Director Sekeenya Newsome or Volunteer & Resources Coordinator Julie Thompson
- Our clothing needs fluctuate, please contact resource coordinator for current needs.