What is it and who is eligible?
The Everett Utilities Water Assistance Program is a partnership between the City of Everett and Catholic Community Services. It is designed to be a once per year assistance for Everett Utility customers who have received a water shutoff notice and are at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (see table below). If you receive a senior or disabled discount from Everett Utilities, you are not eligible for this program.
2020 – 200% Federal Poverty Level Table (Effective April 1, 2020)
Proof of Income can be be provided through one of the following:
- Pay Stubs – Last 30 days’ worth
- Last Year’s Federal Income Tax Return
- Unemployment Statement
- SSA Award Letter – Dated within 60 days
- DSHS Award Letter – Dated within 60 days
How do I access assistance?
If you have received a water shutoff notice from the City of Everett (the yellow door hanger) and have a household income of less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, please contact the Everett Utilities Water Assistance Program line at 425-374-6394. Staff will be present on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to answer this line and return any voicemails.What documentation is needed?
- Water shutoff notice (yellow door hanger)
- Proof of Identification (one of the following):
- Driver’s License
- Government-Issued ID
- Proof of Address (one of the following):
- Lease Agreement
- Bills (with address and name of Head of Household)
- Proof of Household Composition (one of the following):
- DSHS Printout
- 2016 Federal Income Tax Return
- Birth Certificates