Title: Nativity House Hospitality Kitchen Volunteer (Dinner Crew)
Date Posted: December 30, 2021
Location: Nativity House Day and Overnight Shelter
Address: 702 South 14th St., Tacoma, WA 98405
Contact Name: Megan Edwin, Volunteer Coordinator
Contact Phone: 253-365-4111 / 253-502-1901
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you love to cook and want to help provide meals for community members experiencing homelessness? Then we have the job for you!
Nativity House is looking for kind and friendly kitchen volunteers to help prepare and serve meals for guests staying at the Nativity House Shelter and for community members in the Hilltop Neighborhood experiencing homelessness.
Shift times are flexible.
- Dinner is served at 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday and on the weekend.
- Everything usually ends by 6:45 pm or a little bit earlier.
- Assist the Staff Night Chef in preparing dinner for guests dining at Nativity House.
- Help pack to-go food boxes to distribute to guests who do not stay at Nativity House but need a meal. We serve until the food is gone.
- Greet guests as they come down the cafeteria line and serve meals.
- Assist with kitchen clean up throughout the shift and help tidy up at the end of dinner.
- Help run dishes/trays through the industrial dishwashing machine.
- Friendly, kind and good with a diverse group of people.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteers must pass a background check and attend a brief volunteer orientation. Orientations can be done in person or via Zoom.
- Volunteers must sign a COVID-19 liability waiver to participate.
- Volunteers must provide a copy of their vaccination card before volunteering at any sites. (This vaccination proof will be kept in their volunteer files in a locked filing cabinet.)
- All vaccinated volunteers must wear a surgical mask (provided by Volunteer Services) at all times while at a CCS facility.