Title: Nativity House Hospitality Kitchen Volunteer (Lunch Crew)
Date Posted: 12/30/2021
Location: Nativity House Day and Overnight Shelter
Address: 702 South 14th St., Tacoma, WA 98405
Contact Name: Megan Edwin, Volunteer Coordinator
Contact Phone: 253-365-4111 / 253-502-1901
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you love to cook and want to help provide meals for community members experiencing homelessness? Then we have the job for you!
Nativity House is looking for kind and friendly kitchen volunteers to help prepare and serve meals for guests staying at the Nativity House Shelter and for community members in the Hilltop Neighborhood experiencing homelessness.
Shift times are flexible.
- Lunch is served at 11 am, Monday-Friday
- Breakfast is served at 1:30 pm on the weekend.
- Help unload and sort grocery rescue food donations coming from local grocery stores or from community donors.
- Assist the Staff Day Chef in preparing lunch or dinner (depending on times worked) for guests dining at Nativity House.
- Greet guests as they come down the cafeteria line and serve meals.
- Assist with kitchen clean up throughout the day and help tidy up at the end of the shift.
- Friendly, kind and good with a diverse group of people.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Volunteers must pass a background check and attend a brief volunteer orientation. Orientations can be done in person or via Zoom.
- Volunteers must sign a COVID-19 liability waiver to participate.
- Volunteers must provide a copy of their vaccination card before volunteering at any sites. (This vaccination proof will be kept in their volunteer files in a locked filing cabinet.)
- All vaccinated volunteers must wear a surgical mask (provided by Volunteer Services) at all times while in at a CCS facility.