Dear Friend of CCS,
What I deeply value in my four decades of leading Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is the daily privilege to experience first-hand new beginnings for those who suffer from isolation, illness, poverty, injustice, and unfulfilled dreams.
I am profoundly grateful to all our dedicated supporters, volunteers and CCS/CHS staff. The words of one staff member sums up our mission in this simple, yet profound, missive; “I believe that collectively, we are an incredible, powerful force of love and compassion, and in our future we will continue to do amazing things as we help change lives.”
In the past year alone, despite staggering challenges, I am gratified to share just a few of our newest amazing things that, with your help, are renewing and changing lives:
- In King County’s Greenwood neighborhood, our housing services added 66 studio units for community college students experiencing homelessness.
- As second responders to the flooding in our Northwest region, staff provided emergency assistance to victims with temporary housing, food, and storage of precious belongings.
- In Olympia, the Arrest & Jail Alternatives program reduces recidivism, financial strain on the criminal justice system, and high utilization of emergency services.
- At our Federal Way Family Center, a variety of new programs include Supportive Services for Veteran Families; Counseling Recovery and Wellness; Family Services and Housing to Access Recovery; and Housing and Essential Needs. All of these services helping to address critical needs of very challenged individuals, children and families.
- The Bob G Enhanced Shelter now houses 60 guests from our Lazarus Center and St. Martin de Porres Shelter in a converted hotel in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood.
- In Vancouver, two new emergency shelters, Bertha’s Place and Bertha’s Too, will provide 94 beds for homeless single women, and couples and adults over age 55.
With your support and partnership in our mission, we will continue to serve nearly 100,000 men, women and children through all 180 ongoing CCS/CHS programs. At the same time, we will be ever-present to address new, emerging needs of those who are hurting and left in the shadows. Our collective commitment remains strong to be that “powerful force of love and compassion” that will provide renewal, new beginnings and hope to all we are graced to serve.
As you care for others with your generosity and love, may you also find renewal and hope as we celebrate and welcome the light of spring.
With sincere gratitude,
Michael Reichert, President
Double Your Impact! Thanks to a generous donor the first $15,000 donated will be matched. A gift today helps CCS/CHS meet current and emerging needs. Thank you!