Title: PrePS Program Video Production Intern
Dates of Service: September – February
Hours: Variable, decided upon by supervisor and volunteer
Reports to: Program Manager, Pregnancy and Parenting Support
Address: 4250 South Mead St., Seattle 98118
Contact Name: Julisa Aguilar
Contact Phone: 206-707-1501
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: The Pregnancy and Parenting Support program (PrePS) is searching for a Video Production Intern to create a 5-7 minute video about our program. The intern will document the work of PrePS in a manner which is compelling and generates increased support for the program. This is an opportunity for a film student or emerging filmmaker to obtain real-world, hands-on experience both in production and media development.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Pregnancy & Parenting Support (PrePS) program serves low income pregnant caregivers and families with children 0-5 years of age. Our program philosophy is “Building a Strong Foundation.” The program goals are to achieve healthy pregnancy and birth outcomes; and ensure a safe and nurturing relationships and home environment that facilitates a child’s social and emotional development – so that the child is ready to enter and be successful in school. For more information, please click here to visit our website.
- Work with PrePS program Manager to film activities at program sites and staff interviews.
- Edit footage into 5-7 minute video about PrePS services and program.
- Work with PrePS program manager to develop video storyline.
- Complete finished video by end of January 2019.
- Previous experience creating professional-level videos.
- Solid experience using video editing software and equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Interns must own/have access to all software and equipment they will need to produce video.
- Resume experience – you will get a chance to create a professional promotional video.
- Working with a great team – the PrePS staff is fun and encouraging.
- Hands-on nonprofit experience –see what it is like to work with a small nonprofit program.
TO APPLY: Please contact PrePS program Manager at 206-707-1501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.